Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

What's in a name?

Twenty-five is my apartment number. Plain, and simple. And this apartment #25 is indeed as Blue as it gets. You see, in the planning stage I envisioned several color schemes and spent countless hours on this website to get inspired. However, standing in front of the color tech guy, both my husband and I gravitated towards the blues, every single time. We ended up with a blue apartment, made up of five different shades and tints of the same hue.

Unfortunately we are not living there yet. It has been vacant for nearly two weeks, and we have been working hard to make it homey. Let's just say a bachelor lived there for the last seven years, and leave it at that. Yeah, we have a fixer-uper on our hands. We are still in the impossible-to-live-in-stage, which includes changing bathroom and kitchen flooring, restoring the hardwood floors and getting all the cupboards in the place redone. The hubby has been a trooper and devoted nearly every spare moment to painting walls, taking out the old baseboard and installing ceiling fans. Bless him. 

I have not been idle as well. Between keeping up with our house chores, making sure everyone has clean clothes, taking care of a three month old baby, de-cluttering and packing, one might say I have my hands full. Thank God for maternity leave. And white wine. And blogging. Because I am starting now precisely in order to keep my sanity. 

In case you are wondering, these are the specific blues we are talking about. All from the lovely Sherwin Williams catalog. And yes, the Nursery gets three colors. I'll tell you more when it's finished. And I guess according to the paint people, my living room will be in the Green family. Looks blue to me. 



No comments:

Post a Comment